- Superior traction on large industrial tyres
- Designed and assembled in New Zealand
Snowcat Skidd-Hex uses a mesh chain pattern that provides excellent tyre protection over rocks and heavy terrain. The Skidd-Hex pattern is designed to offer superior traction on large industrial tyres. The mesh shape works extremely well when cornering and braking and for getting traction on slippery slopes.
Designed and assembled in New Zealand, Snowcat Skidd-Hex chains are suitable for many different vehicles, including: front-end loaders, graders, telehandlers and tractors. The Skidd-Hex pattern has been made from heavy duty 9.5mm case hardened traction chain for durability and strength. All Snowcat steel components are designed and made here in New Zealand, with replacement parts available locally.
Tough and durable, Snowcat Skidd-Hex chains have withstood extreme alpine conditions over the past six years during testing and development.
Snowcat Skidd-Hex chains have been fitted to a JCB Telehandler 16.9-80 R24 tyre and a Grader 17.5 R25 tyre, for snow clearing work in the mountains. We have designed a pattern for a tractor tyre 14.9-13 R26 to get extra grip. These chains are also suitable for forestry applications or agricultural work.
If you keep slipping and need more traction, Skidd-Hex chains will give you more grip. We can design and build Skidd-Hex chains for different tyre sizes and applications. Contact us today for more information.
- 9.5mm hardened regular link chain
- Mesh pattern full-chain construction
- Snowcat Hardox steel hooks
- Heavy-duty cleats for extra strength
- Industrial cam levers with new locking feature
- High tensile steel joining rings for extra durability
- Mesh chain design offers superior tyre protection
- Rubber tensioners work as shock absorbers
- Designed, tested and made in New Zealand
- Snowcat heavy-duty bins
- Large rubber bungy tensioners and hooks
- Snow types: compact, slushy or deep snow
- Road types: sealed, unsealed & off-road
- Heavy terrain: off-road, gravel roads & dirt tracks
- Suitable for different industrial tyres
- Mountainous areas and challenging terrain
- Mesh chain pattern offers excellent road contact
- Exceptional grip in all seasons and conditions
- Military vehicles
- Front end loaders
- Snow clearing vehicles
- Alpine operations
- Military equipment
- Agricultural services
- Road maintenance
- Forestry operations
- Commercial transport
- Industrial equipment